Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm so proud!!

My big girl is growing up! Last Sunday, Hali, who is a very big Sunbeam in Primary, said the prayer. Now if you know my child, you would know that she can be very outgoing, talkative, and social. But sometimes, she can be very shy and do the whole burrowing-in-mommy's-or-daddy's-chest-thing. It's very cute and I like that she has some coyness to her, but I was a little worried about her saying the prayer in front of her whole junior primary. So, throughout the week every time we said prayers we would ask Hali what she was going to pray about in Primary. She would say thank you for things like "Mommy", "Sissy", "Daddy", and such. Then we would remind her to say thank you for the prophet, missionaries, bishop, and friends in Primary. Well, all of the practice paid off because Sunday came around and she was ready! It was the cutest thing!! She, of course, wanted help and she chose daddy to help her say the prayer. I was so proud! Hali is becoming such a sweet and caring girl! I love her so much! I love how she is kind, loving, and a peacemaker with Emery and her friends. What can I say? Being a mom is the best job in the world!

3 comments:

amanda ramos said...

such a sweet story !

J said...

That is adorable!!
Tahsha

Girly Winston said...

So I have finally logged in to comment. I just wanted to say that your little girls are adorable. You are becoming quite the photographer!