Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It is their first.....

...visit to the dentist! My girls are so big. We would have taken them earlier but we didn't have dental insurance until a few months ago. Cory and I tried to prepare them by getting them excited to tell the dentist how well they brush their teeth and bribing them with a new toothbrush and toothpaste from the office. We get there and Hali is starting to get a little weary of the office because it probably looks too similar to a pediatricians office. We get to the back and I ask Hali if she wants to go first or if Emery should go first. She chose sissy to go. Emery did so well! She sat in the chair and the sweet dentist looks at her teeth and was very impressed. Emery has all of her teeth including her 2 year molars and she is only 22 months! The only negative was we need to take per binky away at nights because of a forming under-bite. We mustn't have that! She did start to get annoyed/ fussy when the cleaned and applied fluoride but other than that she was great! Hali took a lot longer to convince. I had to brib her, yet again, with smoothies afterward. She eventually got in the chair, only if I was holding her, and whimpered the whole time. No major tears though! All in all, it was a success! They were very excited to call Daddy afterward and tell them what big girls they were! Love them so much!Hali and Emery watching Shrek in the waiting room.

3 comments:

J said...

Those girls look so different, but both very adorable.
Tahsha

Lauren said...

Your girls are beautiful! I love that she picked her little sister to go first. Ryan did the same thing.

Jessa said...

they are so gorgeous! i miss your face!